Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quick fix 1

So... the first picture is what it's supposed to look like. The second one is the aftermath of taking it off in a hurry and sitting it down on the wrong side. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. Growing up my father always had a saying "As long as you're smart enough to fix what you're stupid enough to do, you're good." Today I think I came out pretty good.









The bed cover is made out of some sort of abs plastic. Being plastic I decided just to try to reshape it with a grinder and an 80 grit flap disk. To my surprise it actually went pretty easy. I rounded up the broke side first then made the good side match. I have to say I like it better this way, it no longer has that pointy thing sticking out to try to grab you as you sneak past it in the garage. It's always nice to have a mistake improve things for you. Now,if I only had the time to wash it.










No comments: